BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

how to add google earth into ArchiCAD???

Anonymous
Not applicable
I already installed ArchiCAD 16 64bit and google earth. When i get in the perspective views and try to save it, it doesnt have the google earth to choose. Can anyone help me???? Anything that i am missing?????
9 REPLIES 9
Dwight
Newcomer
You'll need the Google Earth Connection Add-On, a separate download at:

googlearth
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
where can i download the add on???
Dwight
Newcomer
I posted the URL - it is associated with that page - near the bottom, i think. Read the page.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
royal_yeung wrote:
I already installed ArchiCAD 16 64bit and google earth.
On the same page that Dwight pointed you to, you'll see a link to this page listing the limitations of the GE add-on with 64 bit AC:

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/google_earth/ge_earth_connections_workflow.html

That page lists workarounds for getting the geolocation info into AC. If you want the terrain in AC, you have to install and use 32 bit AC on Windows - ONLY for the import - then save and re-open your file in 64 bit AC.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
Karl wrote:
royal_yeung wrote:
I already installed ArchiCAD 16 64bit and google earth.
On the same page that Dwight pointed you to, you'll see a link to this page listing the limitations of the GE add-on with 64 bit AC:

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/google_earth/ge_earth_connections_workflow.html

That page lists workarounds for getting the geolocation info into AC. If you want the terrain in AC, you have to install and use 32 bit AC on Windows - ONLY for the import - then save and re-open your file in 64 bit AC.
Yup. Like there's nothing to it, eh?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
It works thank you very much
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Hi, can you please tell me how can I install the 32 bit version of archicad 16 on my windows 7 64 bit version ??? I have tried every possible way I could think of but no result. the installation stops right after beginning: some error message appears, that the installation detected I am running 64 it system and it can not install that 32 version archicad 16 on my system .
i want the 32 bit version because of the Google Warehouse connectivity which lacks to the 64 bit version of archicad. and I can not see any possible way I could get it. besides that many steps imports/converts to objects and morphs etc which I find very difficult especially when I am dealing with a lot of different objects coming from google warehouse.

any help much appreciated.
thanks!
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi,
Try to install an older 32bits version of Archicad (i.e archicad14)
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks. but the archicad 14 does lack the morph tool and other stuff and I was interested in not having installed on my PC, which already has a lot installed on, two versions of the same software .
but thanks anyway
Learn and get certified!