Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

how to migrate 21 office template to 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have finally got an office template up and running that is working well for us, which was assembled in AC21. Now how do we migrate that template to AC 22. I would prefer not to do everything from scratch again. Is there a way of migrating to the next version without missing out on things or stuffing things up? Is there a list of new things to add/check when going from 21 to 20?

Any help appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
There is a whole section on migration in the reference guide that explains it all very clearly.

The only thing it doesn't mention is the Work Environment.
If you have customised your WE, then you will either have to use new default WE and add your customisation in, or use your old WE and add all of the new features in to that.

And of course you will have to start setting up new features such as modifiers in complex profiles and expressions in properties if you want to use them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
furtonb
Advisor
Barry wrote:

If you have customised your WE, then you will either have to use new default WE and add your customisation in, or use your old WE and add all of the new features in to that.

In my opinion it is a better approach to always start subtractive rather than trying to add the missing options - the latter requires thorough knowledge of the new Menus and features. Once comfortable, the whole UI could be done from scratch.
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64