Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

how to relate the wall surface to the zone?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,
when I have tried to make schedule of surface it gives me the inside and the outside faces of the walls that related to zone, even the outside surface of the wall does not related to the same zone because the wall in-between the two zones, So when I make the schedule it gives me surface area not related to zone ( but wall does) and the surface appear twice .
i hope I could explain that well.
thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't know if this is a bug or this is how the program works and it is a limitation.
The "Related Zone" field is actually generated for the Wall, not the Surface of the Wall.
So, if I understand it correctly, when you schedule the "Related Zone" field for a Surface, it will list the Related Zone of the Wall the Surface is part of. This is why both Zones are listed for both Surfaces.

I am not completely sure about this so I will forward this to GRAPHISOFT. Let us see what they say about it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately that not working
I can understand that not working for related zone but that not working also for Colliding Zones
Is there any undirected way to do that.