Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

import cheif architect file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have some old jobs which were drawn in cheif architect 2010. I drew an addition to a small school and now they require another addition. Would love some good advice.

Cheers Jo
Archicad 15 4056 AUS full.
Window 7 Prof. Service Pack 1 - 64 BIT OPERATING SYSTEM
Dell Vostro 430 Ubtek Cire i7CPU NVIDIA GefORCE GTS240
3 REPLIES 3
Wplan wrote:
Would love some good advice.
Buy low; sell high.

Oh, about Chief Architect. The best you are going to be able to do is export the plans in DWG format, and then trace over them in ArchiCAD. Put the DWGs in a separate worksheet and use Trace/Reference.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I like the advice.

Thanks for that - it is as I thought it would be. The chief program is not stable on win 7 and as such I can no longer send the drawings to dwg. I am pretty quick and I am currently drawing over the pdf so much the same outcome. I guess I was hoping for a magic fairy to come and help with my workload or something.
Know any good unemployed magic faries?
Wplan wrote:
I like the advice.
Thanks for that - it is as I thought it would be. The chief program is not stable on win 7 and as such I can no longer send the drawings to dwg.
I am not clear about what you mean that the program is "unstable" on Win 7. I have worked with Chief Architect for about 15 years, and have a couple of versions on Win7. I would suggest you try the Chief Architect forum. http://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/ and you will find lots of help there, including people who can convert your files to DWGs easily. The version number is a little mysterious, though. I do not recall a Chief 2010 version.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10