BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

importing 3D DWG file

Anonymous
Not applicable
I nedd to import a 3d DWG file into my AC file, the file in AutoCad is modeled using everything 3D solids, polyface mesh, body (whatever these things are anyway)
if I open it with "traslate autocad blocks into library parts option" it gives me a message that there are no blocks, if I open it through open library item than the whole model comes in screwed up!
I'm on a tight deadline here so any help is appreciated
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
through a long process I was able to import it. open it in Autodesk VIZ, export as DWG and then opening library part in ArchiCAD. my theory is that the problem is that AC doesn't recognize surfaces and 3d polyline, only solids. so it took VIZ to convert everything into solids.
Now is there any way to edit anything with this 3d model? I need to do minor adjustments to it but cant seem to find a way to do that
Djordje
Ace
Hassanen wrote:
through a long process I was able to import it. open it in Autodesk VIZ, export as DWG and then opening library part in ArchiCAD. my theory is that the problem is that AC doesn't recognize surfaces and 3d polyline, only solids. so it took VIZ to convert everything into solids.
VIZ is doing exactly the opposite - converting solids to surfaces
Hassanen wrote:
Now is there any way to edit anything with this 3d model? I need to do minor adjustments to it but cant seem to find a way to do that
Not really ... except in VIZ?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!