Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

importing DWG contours

Jefferson
Participant
I have been self-educating with ArcMap, the defacto Autocad of the GIS world, with the end goal of generating better meshes for my site plans.

One can extract pretty accurate real world conditions from LiDAR, convert it to contours set to intervals of your choice, and then export as .DWGs. no more fabricating terrains........and nice site plans as well.

Problem is they always come in as many, many small lines co-joined rather than polylines or splines. Is there any simple process I'm missing, or have forgotten beyond magic-wanding these series of abutting lines with the polyline or spline tool? I have been told in Autocad it is simply a PE command, polyline edit and they are all joined.

Trying this in ArchiCAD, [unify lines], with anything but the smallest area per attempt sent my machine into fits and eventually I just killed the program.

thanks in advance!

segmented spline.png
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Line Consolidation command maybe?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Jefferson
Participant
Thanks for the reply Laszlo..........didn't have a noticeable effect. I tried configuring the output with a few of the options toggled on or off, no difference that I could see.

The unify line tool does the job, but Like I said you have to take it chunk by chunk or the machine goes into cardiac arrest.......s l o w.
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I see a niche market for an Add-On here.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27