Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

importing from Maya into Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to import a model from maya into Archicad 8.1
What would be the correct proceedure.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
stefan wrote:
I replied to the other thread. I think I made a usable answer 😉
Which thread? Did an author search and found nothing. How about a link.
Did see something on you being able to import obj files in earlier version of ArchiCAD. Why is this no longer possible?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
Carlos wrote:
I would like to import a model from maya into Archicad 8.1 What would be the correct proceedure.
DXF - see discussion on it here:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=1152
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
stefan
Expert
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
stefan wrote:
Did see something on you being able to import obj files in earlier version of ArchiCAD. Why is this no longer possible?
stefan
Expert
Carlos wrote:
stefan wrote:
The thread as Djordje said:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=1152

And OBJ-import? It was available untill 6.5, that I can tell you for sure. Don't know if it was available in 7.0 (I skipped that one), but it's not there in 8.1.

3DS-import is a solution, though.

And you can always export from Maya as OBJ, convert with other tools (e.g. 3DWin shareware, Deep Exploration, Polytrans) and open in ArchiCAD as 3ds). I don't have my dongle at work, so I can't test it now (I forgot if the 3ds-import supported the full texture mapping and the smoothing, but I guess so)
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Hey Stefan

Both of the 3ds import plugins that you posted in the other topics for v7 and v8 do not work with either version of Archicad. So in essence the 3ds import route you mention isn't really a solution at all.
stefan
Expert
Bricklyne wrote:
Hey Stefan

Both of the 3ds import plugins that you posted in the other topics for v7 and v8 do not work with either version of Archicad. So in essence the 3ds import route you mention isn't really a solution at all.
I can't help it that Graphisoft makes the previous API incompatible with the new one... It worked in 8.0 and (apparantly) not in 8.1.

The plugin is not written by me. I only hosted it, since quite a few people seemed to need it and it was never included with ArchiCAD by default. Maybe the original (German?) author cares to update it?
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book