BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

isolate 3d skin to show the map quantity

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello guys,

I'm making a schedule of skin walls, same as the image below.

so... for example... I need to show just the "Plaster Gypsum External" quantity in 3D, so I click on element line and then "Select in 3D" option right?

and appears this:

my doubt is...
Is there a way to isolate only "Plaster Gypsum External" like the image below that shows the exact 4,18 Area?

I tryed Entire Model Option but I don't know how to isolate skin by skin... it worked for "Core Only" but not for skin by skin
17 REPLIES 17
felcunha
Expert
Apart from copying the wall as morph and deleting the parts you don't want, I don't see how.
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I don't want "delete" skins...

Just a way to show skin by skin in the 3D for a better understanding of where the quantities come from.
felcunha
Expert
Maybe you could transform them into morphs and change their layer, so you can hide the skins
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm currently modeling skin by skin (creating a wall of brick, a wall of plaster external and another of plaster internal), but this takes a lot of time because in this simple (2 walls) I need to create 6 walls skin by skin (3 for each wall), so I'd like to use the composites (that is more simple and faster) and just isolate the skins.
felcunha
Expert
junim2307 wrote:
I'm currently modeling skin by skin (creating a wall of brick, a wall of plaster external and another of plaster internal), but this takes a lot of time because in this simple (2 walls) I need to create 6 walls skin by skin (3 for each wall), so I'd like to use the composites (that is more simple and faster) and just isolate the skins.
Why don't you transform your composite wall into a morph ? It'll be faster
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Anonymous
Not applicable
felcunha wrote:
junim2307 wrote:
Why don't you transform your composite wall into a morph ? It'll be faster
I transformed into a morph, but now my 3 skins = 1 element...
how to "explode" in 3 skins? to change layers and etc.
felcunha
Expert
Suspend Groups (Alt-G)
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Anonymous
Not applicable
felcunha wrote:
Suspend Groups (Alt-G)
Suspend Groups, separates two or more walls with Geometry Method "Chained"

I need to separate the skins from the composite wall after convert in morph like u said.
felcunha
Expert
You're right... one solution can be to export your wall as IFC. Choose Exact Geometry Export (Precise BREP) as translator, then reimport it to your file and (if necessary) convert the object imported to morph. You'll be able to select its individual parts.
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Learn and get certified!