Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.
SOLVED!

joining a bimcloud server with an external license

Emre Senoglu
Expert

I am currently trying to join the bimcloud of a new collaborator, however I get an error saying that "the bimcloud was not able to reserve a license". I have my own license, so my AC runs fine. Does this mean that my collaborator has to have a free license for me? Is there a way for me to use my own license without making him buy a new one just for me? thank you

AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
scottjm
Expert

Is this a BIMcloud (Paid) server as opposed to a BIMCloud Basic server you are trying to connect to?

If so they will likely don't have enough spare BIMCloud (Paid) licenses, or have it set to manual BIMCloud license assignment and need to allocate one to your user in BIMCloud manually? 

BIMCloud (Paid) licenses are independent to the ArchiCAD licenses.

If you already have your own BIMCloud (Paid) licenses, they are fixed to a specific BIMCloud (Paid) server and transferring it not easy and likely means getting your local distributor involved.

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
scottjm
Expert

Is this a BIMcloud (Paid) server as opposed to a BIMCloud Basic server you are trying to connect to?

If so they will likely don't have enough spare BIMCloud (Paid) licenses, or have it set to manual BIMCloud license assignment and need to allocate one to your user in BIMCloud manually? 

BIMCloud (Paid) licenses are independent to the ArchiCAD licenses.

If you already have your own BIMCloud (Paid) licenses, they are fixed to a specific BIMCloud (Paid) server and transferring it not easy and likely means getting your local distributor involved.

Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS

it is the cloud solution (not hosted locally) so i'm guessing it is the paid version. i will find out about this. thank you for the answer.

www.senoglu.dk

Hi Emre,

Yes if is BIMCloud SaaS, hosted on the cloud, it will be the paid version.

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks a lot Scott, that solved the problem.

www.senoglu.dk

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin