Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

keynote scheduling

jkershaw
Enthusiast
hi all -

After working in AC for nearly 20 years, I decided to make my first foray into keynote scheduling. I spent 30 minutes and built a schedule that reads two Property Values that I created ("keynote" and "keynote number").

To test, I assigned values to three elements - a column, a slab, and a wall. I labeled two of these elements on the plan, but did not label the third.

First question:
Can I set up the schedule so that IF an element does NOT have a label associated to it, THEN it will not show in the schedule? Many elements show in various views, but I do not want the keynote to be listed just because the element is in the view.

Second question:
Is there no way to "top justify" the cells in the schedule?? We often have very long notes, and "center-justification" is not only graphically inferior but also less clear.

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 10.46.35 AM.png
AC26 APPLE SILICON USA FULL 4032
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Max, 64GB RAM
13.2 macOS Ventura
learning AC since version 4.5
15 REPLIES 15
jkershaw
Enthusiast
example of poor justification behavior (question two)
Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 10.59.45 AM.png
13.2 macOS Ventura
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I feel your pain, brother!

The way I would have gone about it is this...
Use ELEMENT ID for the KEYNOTE NUMBER (with the ability to override)
Place an AUTO LABEL that reads the keynote number

In the script of the note, have an external file that lists all the notes and numbers and have it perform a simple lookup to extract the note..
(Bonus, you could have a 2nd set of notes for the same number so one could be long and the other short and you could read either one by a switch)

So what happens is the NOTE LABEL itself gets injected with the actual notes.

The bitch is that ArchiCAD (after 33 years) CANNOT SCHEDULE LABELS!!!!

In essence, you could do the same thing by making the LABEL an OBJECT and read those... It just can't ASSOCIATE itself to the thing your pointing at.

I had just posted the sentiment elsewhere on this forum... (and I also posted it 3 years ago and 5 years ago...).
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Guess it's time to look into CadIMAGE Keynotes!

Not sure I like the monthly fee idea though...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

jkershaw
Enthusiast
Thanks, Duane -

I knew when I posted that it was an issue of AC being able to get 95% of the way there.... only to have it fail at the last 5% making it useless.

So close, yet so far.
13.2 macOS Ventura
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
maybe AC45?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

DGSketcher
Legend
vfrontiers wrote:
In the script of the note, have an external file that lists all the notes and numbers and have it perform a simple lookup to extract the note..
Duane, you make that sound easy! Care to elaborate? I have an excel file I would love to link with a simple look up.

Thanks
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Because I have stopped at the "Can't schedule labels", I guess I've never had hands on experience here.

Page 560 in the current(AC21) GDL manual is where I'd start. The section called TEXT I/O... and in this case the subheading READING VALUES...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

DGSketcher
Legend
Ahh. Guess I misread read your post Duane, I thought you had this working. Thanks for the GDL pointers though, I will have a look and see if I can get it to work with my own labels.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
gpowless
Advocate
Wrong post
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full