GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

french & international library

bimdo
Booster

Hi everybody

I tested the last days a lot with different libraries (swiss version, french version, international version). The window from the swiss version is different to the international and french version... So it won't replace a placed international window. How is it with the international and french version? Are they similar or are there some special elements? Can I delete the french library and put in the international library without loosing any setting or element?

Thanks for your inputs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Zsuzsanna Bori
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi!

The French and international library switch should work fine.

The Swiss library has different doors and windows from most versions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bimdo
Booster

Hi everybody

I hope I got the rigth forum to post my question. Did someone work in a project with more than languages, for example french & german? We have the problem that some stages of the project will be created by user without german skills and in a later stage of the project it's the opposite (user without french skills). So what should we do? Should we work with the international version? Should we work with the german libraries in the french version of Archicad or should we work with the international libraries in the french version, that we can switch afterwards to the german version and take the international libraries with us?

Thanks for your inputs.

Barry Kelly

If you load both libraries in your Library Manager, and then look in the 'Warnings' you will see 'Duplicates'.

Any duplicated objects will replace automatically when you switch libraries.

I am guessing this will be the majority of the libraries, but not the doors and windows.

Doors and windows seem to be unique for different language versions.

You could try extracting the the LCF container for the INT library and loading just the doors and windows section - you might also have to find the door and windows macros folder as well.

This should avoid the majority of duplicates.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I have merged these post as they are really discussing the same thing.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
Zsuzsanna Bori
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi!

The French and international library switch should work fine.

The Swiss library has different doors and windows from most versions.