BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

make a schedule showing both m2 and sqs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I have done a Google search and nothing is quite what I am after but i do apologize now if there is something similar on another thread. I am setting up a schedule for a builder for their marketing material to show the areas for dwelling and non dwelling (that part I can do) but it only shows either m2 OR sqs. I was wondering if there was a way that I can show both m2 and sqs in the schedule. In Australia, even though we are metric, we still get people using imperial sizing for house areas as the people looking to build now go by their friends or family who built years ago and know the squares of the house.

I have next to no experience with scripting so if that is the best way to do I will need my hand held so to speak.

I am using Archicad 16 if that helps

Thanks,

Jason
7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein
Unless the zone stamp itself supports additional units, vs those set in project preferences, there's no easy way to display both. You can script, as you mention... but if this is for marketing, the AC schedules are not really that attractive - so I'd suggest saving/publishing to Excel (or CSV) and calculating the other units in the spreadsheet where you can also provide more attractive formatting.

If you must have the schedule be live in AC itself, then you might "wake up" this thread by posting there:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=38108
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Barry Kelly
It can't be done in the same schedule unless you have a zone stamp that has both parameters for m² and sqs.

But if you are getting the areas from fills in your plan you could save 2 views of your schedule and set the units in each to be what you require.
You would have 2 separate outputs of the schedule but that might be workable.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Barry wrote:
But if you are getting the areas from fills in your plan you could save 2 views of your schedule and set the units in each to be what you require. You would have 2 separate outputs of the schedule but that might be workable.
I took a look at this, but it looks like the Schedule is getting the units from the Calculation Units & Rules Preference, not the Dimensioning Preference, so I don't see how this can be done in a single file.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
David wrote:
Barry wrote:
But if you are getting the areas from fills in your plan you could save 2 views of your schedule and set the units in each to be what you require. You would have 2 separate outputs of the schedule but that might be workable.
I took a look at this, but it looks like the Schedule is getting the units from the Calculation Units & Rules Preference, not the Dimensioning Preference, so I don't see how this can be done in a single file.

David
I should have actually tested this rather than just typing.
Yes it uses the calculation units which aren't saved with a view rather than the dimension units which are.
Sorry if I have misled anyone.
I'll put my thinking cap back on.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Barry wrote:
Yes it uses the calculation units which aren't saved with a view rather than the dimension units which are.
I think combining the Dimensioning and Calculation Units & Rules Preferences would help, there is also the case where Curtain Wall Doors can only be scheduled in decimal feet (not feet and inches) since their units come from the Calculation Units & Rules. It can be confusing.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
David wrote:
I think combining the Dimensioning and Calculation Units & Rules Preferences would help, there is also the case where Curtain Wall Doors can only be scheduled in decimal feet (not feet and inches) since their units come from the Calculation Units & Rules. It can be confusing.

David
I agree David. I have just been scheduling wall skins to show how priority based connections affect wall surfaces and volumes. All linear measurements are in decimal feet. If they were in feet and inches they'd match all the dimensions in the rest of the project!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone for their thoughts.

I am trying to 'idiot proof' the scheduling. The people I work with are sales people. Not us special CAD using types The less they have to think about, the less I have to do in the long run.

I have noticed that the schedules are pretty basic and not very user friendly. The way we currently do is by text boxes with some lines. It looks ok considering how simply it is. I may just leave it how it is for now and let everyone work it out long ways and then work on scripting something over time.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all and thanks again for the replies!!
Learn and get certified!