Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

map custom properties to ifc

gdford
Advisor

Is is possible to map custom properties to IFC?

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
6 REPLIES 6
poco2013
Mentor

As I understand, You can map custom properties to ifc properties by using the IFC translator and the property mapping dropdown dialog by setting a mapping rule for the ifc property. i don't believe that you can use expression properties though -- could be wrong

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27

Just double checked -- apparently they can

Gerry

gdford
Advisor

yes - i just discovered and tested - property expressions can be mapped to IFC.

Gerry - do you know if anyone has automated IFC mapping of custom properties based on schedules? 

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000

@gdford wrote:

do you know if anyone has automated IFC mapping of custom properties based on schedules? 

Don't believe so. What did you have in mind?

Gerry

Well, lets say I have 500 custom properties I want to export with an IFC model. All of the properties are scheduled via various schedules. It looks like I would have to make 500 edits in the IFC translator to accomplish this task. So I am wondering if this could be accomplished via the API to generate the mapping using the schedules as a guide

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

This is definitely possible. Our reseller supplies a template with a very detailed set of properties that they have all mapped to IFC export.

When I last looked at the interface for this, it didn't seem to be very user friendly or for those new to IFC perhaps. I am glad they offer this service, since the task seems daunting.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5