BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

mep modeler

RandyC
Advocate
I cannot use archicad plumbing fixtures without this warning message --

If I remove Mep Modeler from my addons flolder I cannot load Archicad

I do not own Mep Modeler and only want to use the plumbing fixtures -- what am I doing wrong ?
Thanks, Randy
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
When you write "I cannot use", what do you mean by "use"? Are you trying to manipulate them? Are you trying to move them? Modify their settings? What are you trying to do with them?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
RandyC
Advocate
The fixtures are locked - I have to unlock them, This happens every time I open the file
and while they work fine during the session that I unlocked them in - it happens again when
I reload the file.

Randy
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
RandyC
Advocate
solution (of sorts)
It appears that some library parts, are used by Mep Modeler -- with a different icon, as long as I use them
as normal library parts they work fine - If they show a "cabinet" icon then they start looking for a mep modeler key .
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, these Library Parts are locked when the MEP Modeler is not loaded with ARCHICAD. This is normal behavior. I think you can unlock them, or unlock their Layer, I don't remember exactly which one. Then you will be able to edit/modify them.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!