BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

motion simulation?

Anonymous
Not applicable
does anyone know of any motion simulation add-ons or plug-ins for AC 14
wb
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I never heard of anything like that for ArchiCad.

You can export the model to Artlantis, as this allows you for some cool wind-breeze effect.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It depends on what you are looking for. There is a construction simulation add on but this just allows sequencing not character animation. Some library parts have limited animation features such as doors that open or people that walk. Beyond this you need to export to an animation program such as Cinema 4D.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm thinking more for simulating simple machines, like gears etc.
wb
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have a lot of time on your hands you could program the parts in GDL, otherwise there are much better programs for this purpose. The particulars would depend on the details of what you want to do.
Dwight
Newcomer
GDL sequencing is not difficult.

In Artlantis, it is simple now that elements can be isolated as objects.

So there you go.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
GDL sequencing is not difficult.
When I did a fire alarm animation the parts just wouldn't behave properly. The coding wasn't all that complicated but the animation wouldn't run reliably. I never did figure out why, just ended up still framing and assembling it.

I suspect that animating simple machines would be more complex than it sounds.
Dwight
Newcomer
Of course, since the expectation is of interactivity, when the programmer must meticulously calculate the gear 'speeds' to avoid collisions.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!