Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

opening details from Architectural Graphic Standards CD

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been trying to open details downloaded from my Architectural Graphic Standards for Residental Construction CD. The details can be downloaded as DWGs, DFXs, DNGs or PDFs.
When I open the DWGs or DFXs with ArchiCAD the lines and fills are present in the drawing but and text, leaders or dimensions are missing.
I tried opening the same downloaded DWGs and DFXs with Autodesk's DWG TrueView and all of the annotations, text, leaders and dimensions are present.

Please let me know if you know why this is happening and how I can get the downloaded details to open with all of the text, leaders and annotations using ArchiCAD.

I did check to make sure that my ArchiCAD importer is importing all of the layers.

Thank you,
John
9 REPLIES 9
Aloha John,

upload or send me one of those files and I will see if the same things happens for me.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Steve,
Here DFX and DWG versions of one of the downloaded details.
They open just fine in the AutoDesk software. When I try to open them using ArchiCAD I do not see any of the annotations (notes, text, leaders, etc.).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a DFX of the same detail.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is what the detail looks like in the Architectural Graphic Standards CD.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here what the detail looks like when I open it into ArchiCAD.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is one of the details when I open it with Autodesk's True View.
The file loads into ArchiCAD in paper space and model space.
The view your after is in the layout book.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks to me like they have drawn the base line work in model space and added all of the annotation in paper space, this is 'old school' autocad before annotative text and dimensions and was the easiest way to have drawings of differing scales with the text and dimensions the same size.

You will have to copy notes from the layouts and position and scale them to fit the details
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aloha Steve and Sboydturner,
Thank you for the good sleuthing. That solves the mystery.
These details are good for reference but not complete by any means.
I guess I could use the lines are put in my own annotations.
Thank you very much.
Aloha,
John