Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

optimal IFC settings to export MEP project to revit

Robs_archiradar
Participant
Hello,

i need help with an archicad MEP project.
The client asks me for the delivery format in Revit (RVT) and which can be edited once imported into Revit.
I have tried various IFC translator settings but without success. MEP project cannot be edited in Revit, it is imported as an immutable object.
Slabs and walls can be imported into Revit and are editable, while MEP paths are not.
Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

thanks a lot

Roberta
1 REPLY 1
Podolsky
Ace
IFC import/export is still problematic. Unfortunately very often elements, that exported from ArchiCAD to Revit and vice versa are becoming unchangeable, that is, of course, very strange - because the whole idea of IFC - is to exchange information between AEC software without loosing any of parameters.
Very possible, that this is how IFC import works - this way Autodesk is forcing their users to stick with Autodesk product. Even the new plug-in for ArchiCAD, that exports RVT file, creating static elements, that impossible to modify in Revit.

I imagine, that if existed some sort of international court, that would force AEC software venders to provide proper data exchange (as regulation against monopoly) - this problem would be fixed immediately. Without that, I assume, the problem will present for long period of time.