BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

problem with saving .3ds file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello! i have problem with saving project as .3ds file. IT takes long time then archicad freeze (not responding) and in the end it didn't save anything.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear juliavy,

This might be caused by a bug in ARCHICAD that the export process (to 3DS format) may fail when you have objects placed that use picture files (eg. Picture 21, Fireplace 21, etc.).

Please try deleting/hiding the above mentioned objects before the export, and if that doesn't help, try removing all objects (because there might be other objects using pictures like this).

I hope this helps,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear juliavy,

This might be caused by a bug in ARCHICAD that the export process (to 3DS format) may fail when you have objects placed that use picture files (eg. Picture 21, Fireplace 21, etc.).

Please try deleting/hiding the above mentioned objects before the export, and if that doesn't help, try removing all objects (because there might be other objects using pictures like this).

I hope this helps,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you - it was problem with archicad - picture files gdl
Learn and get certified!