BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

"No Access Right"

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am at my wits end. I migrating projects from our old BIM Server computer to an new one. The process i am using is open up the project from the old server. Save a PLN. Open the PLN and save it up to the new BIM Server computer. In general this is working fine. Except that no mater what i do any user that opens a new project on the new server does not have access to do anything. Everything seems to be setup correctly but yet nothing. You can reserve anything and yet can't find any reason why. All the users i am working with are "Expert" users.

Help!
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
Sounds like a permissions issue. Are the old server and new server both Macs, running the same version of OS X? Are they running OS X Server? Is the BIM Server database on the primary hard disk, or on a separate disk?

(Your profile shows 10.6.2, but I assume you and all machines are on 10.6.5 and possibly OS X Server for the BS machines.)

Have you tried opening Disk Utility on the problematic server and running Verify Disk (and rebooting to repair if necessary if it is the boot drive) and then Repair Permissions?

Some of your feedback may give someone else some ideas to help...

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it is a Mac running 10.6.5. Its not a server

I have checked all my permissions and everything seems fine.

Added note it is a BIM Server 14 but is a BIM Server 13 module.

Everything on the BIM Server 14 side works fine. It's just the BIM Server 13 side that is having the issues.

No matter which computer in the office or user account i use none seem to have any access to the files in spite of the all being "expert" users
Karl Ottenstein
Did you apply the latest 13 hotfix to the clients and new server? (Just shootin' in the dark...)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yea. Everything is up to date.

Driving me nutz. Everything seems right.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
What roles do they have? As a test, perhaps try creating a new role with access to everything and assign someone that role and have them rejoin the project?

(Just waiting for the rest of my family to wake up so I can open my presents! )

Cheers,
Link.
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
It is possible that authentication to the new BIM Server is being confused by old information stored on the client machines. I would suggest removing the TeamworkInfo_v2.xml file on a user’s machine that is having trouble with access. This file on a mac can be found in the user’s home directory under /library/Preferences/Graphisoft. Once this file is removed the user will need to re-enter their user name and password again.

Try this out and see if it helps.
Graphisoft Technical Support
Learn and get certified!