Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

recommended add ons

gotphish001
Enthusiast
I've read through a few pages on this area of the forum and got some ideas but would like some clarification or other suggestions.

I work for a small residential firm. We do mostly remodels, some additions, and occasionally something commercial (store front or build to suite). I was looking into what add ons I should be putting on my archicad 22 to help me out. It seems like some of the ones from graphisoft might be out dated and not needed. I also don't think my firm will spring for cadimage subscription. What are some free add ons that are helpful or one time fee ones? I saw a video of a fire wall rating add on that added fill to a wall, but it didn't say what add on it actually was. That one would be helpful to me. Is there one that adds framing into walls so I don't manually need to draw it in a section? Are there other places to get add ons besides GS or cadimage? Also is there a community place to grab objects that people made like Revit City is to Revit.

Key questions; what add ons are I handicapping myself in archicad by not having? What sites are good to grab objects from?

Just to add something to the community; this is my favorite site to grab textures from https://www.sketchuptextureclub.com/textures. I used it for sketchup but works equally as good for archicad. It has so many, I pretty much never need to go to another site.
Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey
Autodesk Expert Elite
Archicad 26 Solo USA
https://farkasassociates.com/
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
gotphish001 wrote:
Do you need a license for the MEP add on. I found the library for that but it says no license found. I'm about to try and find the answer to that one on google.
Yes, you need a licence to be able to use MEP.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gotphish001
Enthusiast
Another question. I downloaded all the goodies from GS. The accessories one says you need to put the accessory library into your project, but it doesn't say where to get it. So where is it or am I missing something?
Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey
Autodesk Expert Elite
Archicad 26 Solo USA
Barry Kelly
gotphish001 wrote:
Another question. I downloaded all the goodies from GS. The accessories one says you need to put the accessory library into your project, but it doesn't say where to get it. So where is it or am I missing something?
When you install the add-on, it will install that 'Accessories' library into your Archicad program folder.
I can't remember the exact location (or if you have control of that during installation).
You just need to load that library in the Library Manager.
If you are already loading the entire 'Archicad library' folder in Archicad, then you just need to move the 'Accessories' library into that folder and it will load automatically.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
gotphish001
Enthusiast
It says it installs it with the add on,so I looked for 30 minutes yesterday for the folder with the library to no avail. Today, I check this post and try to look again. The library add button goes right to it today. It's literally at the top of the file list. No idea why I couldn't find it yesterday. Maybe I was just tired on something. doh!

Do you need a license for the MEP add on. I found the library for that but it says no license found. I'm about to try and find the answer to that one on google.
Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey
Autodesk Expert Elite
Archicad 26 Solo USA
Solution
Barry Kelly
gotphish001 wrote:
Yes, you need a licence to be able to use MEP.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27