BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

reducing zone area v19

Sasa Glagolic Ogorel
Participant
hi!
I'm calculating zones according to our principles and we have to calculate volume of the roof, but we shouldn't include the area.
so I'm kind of working around - zone is trimmed by SEO operations to the roof so the volume is correct, but, since I have to reduce area to 0, usually I was including the option Reduce by and set that to 100%
it worked until AC v19 where area isn't reduced even after updating.

I know about reducing area by zone preferences but I cannot include that because other zones would by reduced also (it's already set to reduce zones lower than 200cm by 100%)

any suggestions what to do?
except export that to xls and make the change there...
ArchiCAD 6.5-25 INT FULL (MEP sometimes)
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you post a screenshot which show the Area Reduction panel of your Zone Settings Dialog, and another that shows the resulting info displayed in the Zone Stamp.
I am trying to figure out if this is a bug, because if the Area is not reduced, then it may be.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
We use different zones for the 'usable space' square meters and the 'gross volume' (and quantity take off). Might not be what you like, but it works quite fast.

You can use 2d linework as a zone boundary and we use that to communicate where the 1.500 mm and 2.600 mm heights, that are of interest in determining the 'usable space' according to our building regulations, are anyway.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!