BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

renovation filter and export to ifc, then revit challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just took my 12,000 square foot renovation project and updated it to version 15. And now I'm trying to do the IFC export to REvit Strcture. Unfortunately it appears to export the elements to be demolished when i don't have it turned on...

I don't want that stuff in the exported model.

with my trial of revit structure i can see the items to be demolished. and looking at teh properties it is identifying as new construction. so unless i'm missing something it's not something one can just turn off and on in REvit.

thoughts?

scrnshot.jpg
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
i figured this out! so basically if you use a heavy marquee selection and save the ifc file with the "selected elements only" it exports invisible and visible elements.

However if i select visible elements on all stories for export it kept the demolition items out.

how did i figure this out? after beating my head against this for 2 hours. well i went out for a walk.
Learn and get certified!