Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

reverting back to AC9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I accidentally opened and saved a AC9 file in AC11. The project is about complete so I would rather finish in AC9. How can I revert the file?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have only saved the file once since opening in AC11 check your BPN (backup) file and see what version it is.

AC 11 can only save back as far as AC10, AC10 will go further (if you have it). Otherwise you would be looking at going back to your last AC9 backed-up file and redo any work you have done since.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you copy-paste drawing elements from AC9 into AC11?
Anonymous
Not applicable
From 9 to 11, yes. Don't know if I've tried it the other way (which might be what you actually want).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help! Yes, I meant from 11 to 9
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Lester wrote:
Can you copy-paste drawing elements from AC11 into AC9?
You could try but I don't think that you can because it will tell you the format is an unknown version. At the time of AC9 there was no AC11 so it is unknown for that AC version.

What you could try is this: save the AC11 file as AC10 format and in AC10 save it as AC9. You are still using the same libraries, have not created any new elements specific to AC10 or 11 so it should actually work.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27