Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

roof

Devonha
Booster

Hello everyone. What is the best way to extend roof sides without moving pivot lines. I have a task where says:
roof pivot line must be on inside face of the wall but roof perimeter must be aligned with outside face of the wall. Is it even possible to do? Or the only possible way is to extend pivot line?

Architecture student Tautvydas Grigalauskas

ARCHICAD 25.0.0 INT
LAPTOP-ER287GTP • AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz • 16,0 GB
13 REPLIES 13
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

Devonha:

The Roof will have both a Pivot Line, which is where its height is set, and a perimeter (Edge) that sets its outline. When the Pivot Line and Edge are coincident, then Archicad will select the Pivot Line when editing. So move the Pivot Line a known dimension to expose the Edge, move the Edge, then move the Pivot Line back that known distance.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your Archicad version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Devonha
Booster

It could be that I didn't understand you correctly. It didn't work so I will leave screenshots below. The main thing is to extrude roof edge to the wall edge as shown in example (screenshot #1)
When moving pivot line the roof also moves. I want to leave the pivot line by wall inside face.

The other question is how to remove walls that are coexisting with roof (screenshot #2)

Thanks to anyone for your replies.

ARCHICAD 25.0.0 INT

Your screen shots did not attach.

Simply capture your screen (or portion of it) and then paste directly into the reply.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
4dProof
Advisor

the pet palette is going to be your best friend for roof edits like this. Also consider using single plane roofs rather than a multi-plane roof, as this will maximize the design flexibility.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

Screenshot (54).pngScreenshot (55).png

ARCHICAD 25.0.0 INT
Devonha
Booster

The study guide gave us a command to use double plane roof. Anyway, I will try the pet palette. Thank you

ARCHICAD 25.0.0 INT

my guess is it's one of these options you are looking forScreen Shot 2022-01-06 at 7.54.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 7.55.00 AM.png

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

i'd go for offset edge any given day. just don't forget to pick the blue reference line. 😉

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

Devonha:

In your screen shot, the heavy blue line is the Pivot Line, the lighter green line is the Edge (perimeter) of the Roof. You can edit the Edge either in 3D or in plan by selecting it and using the Pet Palette options show by 4dProof to extend the Edge.

The Walls extending through the Roof could be due to their Building Material Intersection Priority (the Wall is stronger than the Roof). I have seen this before but cannot reproduce it now, so can you spell out the steps you took to connect the Wall to the Roof?

Thanks for adding your signature.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14