BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

saving to .bvn

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I imported an element from Solidworks to Archicad. Now I need to make a bvn file out of it.
Only "wall" type elements can be saved as a bvn.
Right now all imported files are automatically "objects".
Is there any way I can change it to a "wall" element?
1 REPLY 1
Podolsky
Ace
This is typical behaviour when you export your model from another 3D programs - they all are converted into objects (as ArchiCAD generates GDL scripts to represent geometry). If 3D model, exported from external application, needed only for reference but not for future change in ArchiCAD - it works quite well. To improve drawings quality (for example to show right cut or change building material) it is possible to explode these objects into morphs, that later can be modified - like to choose different classification, change surface colour, cut lines end similar. It is also possible to edit geometry, but geometry editing will work quite similar way as Sketchup - it will require more manual input then just stretch the standard ArchiCAD wall.

The only format, that can convert wall into wall and slab into slab is IFC.
Learn and get certified!