Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

surface area of ply wd. roof sheathing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Basic element take offs in 3d and 2d views have different results?
I'm trying to provide my client the total area of tile roof and would just like to
ask if I'm doing this right.

The first screen shot shows the house with all of the plywood sht'g selected in
3d and its basic information from the document/schedules and lists/elements list/basic

Am I correct that the surface area is 7,541.11 s.f. ?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
this is another screen shot from 2d window with all plywood sht's selected.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Where do 2D and 3D views results differ? Does 7,500sq.ft seem like too much? Looks like a big house. What is the floor area? Roof pitch?

It looks to me like the main roof is constructed in a Multi-plane roof, while the two small projections at the left and right hand ends are separate (grouped) single plane roof elements. Is this correct? If so you have a bit of overlap where the multi-plane roof is under the add-on areas, giving you additional area (although not substantial). The three areas listed in your schedule would be top surface, bottom surface and edge surface.
Anonymous
Not applicable
S2art,

I had a different result between the 3d and 2d the first time I ran the 2 basic element lists, but now they corrispond. The number seems to be correct enough for me to trust. I will do a quick double check tomorrow. Thanks, Jonathan