BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

survey data - dxf format

RandyC
Advocate
I import Survey dxf files ( converted from total stations )
these files have very small lines - less than .0001 m that show as dots
with Archicad 9 these lines - dots are no longer imported .
I cannot find any setting in the translator that allows these points to be imported ! Point numbers and descriptions come in but not the points
can anyone advise ?
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
7 REPLIES 7
Djordje
Ace
RandyC wrote:
I import Survey dxf files ( converted from total stations )
these files have very small lines - less than .0001 m that show as dots
with Archicad 9 these lines - dots are no longer imported .
I cannot find any setting in the translator that allows these points to be imported ! Point numbers and descriptions come in but not the points
can anyone advise ?
Try to load the 8.1 translator that is provided with the 9, only not loaded by default and check.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
RandyC
Advocate
where would this translator be stored ?
I have checked the installation disk and the folders in Archicad
no luck ? I did find a folder on the disk under Archicad 9 \Company Default\dxf-dwg translators with nothing in the directory ??
strange on an installation disk !!
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
RandyC
Advocate
Well I tried every translator I could find , tried it on a win2000 machine
and two xp machines . no luck . It appears Archicad "9" has set a size limitation to import lines . this means that we can not accept survey data
dxf files. I see this as a huge setback. I hope someone can show me the light !
Djordje
Ace
RandyC wrote:
where would this translator be stored ?
In the most suspect place - GOODIES folder, subfolder called DXF-DWG 2K In-Out. In my Int installation, it also contains 3dsIn, Profiler, etc ... all usable stuff. Warning - it handles DWGs only of AutoCAD 2000 flavour and older, so no 2004/2005.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
RandyC
Advocate
Sorry Djordje . I tried that one as well. Still doesn't work--- no points or lines show up.

I would love to send you a file that can be opened in Version8 but not in Version9 , but I cannot attach dxf files in this forum.

Randy
stefan
Expert
RandyC wrote:
Sorry Djordje . I tried that one as well. Still doesn't work--- no points or lines show up.

I would love to send you a file that can be opened in Version8 but not in Version9 , but I cannot attach dxf files in this forum.

Randy
Attach a ZIP-file.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
RandyC
Advocate
Thanks to Oleg for explaining how to use the dxf/dwg 2k In-Out Apx
I was able to find my points but only with the file open new command
Merge , and drag and drop both do not work with Ver.9 to import these survey data plans.
For anyone interested I have attached a Zip (thanks Stephan) file with
an example file.
Learn and get certified!