Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

switching from 16 to 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all, I just opened up 19 for the 1st time. Can anyone offer advice on bringing in my old keystroke shortcuts to 19? Also wondering how I can set it up as a multi screen (plan view on 1, 3D on another). Thanks, Leif
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
found the undock command - very cool. Still wondering about the keystroke shortcuts....
Barry Kelly
You could 'Export' your Work Environment - or just the keyboard shortcut part of it would be better - from your Archicad 16.
Then you can import the shortcuts scheme into the 19 Work Environment.

Be careful however as any new shortcuts in 19 will be lost if they did not exist in 16.

You are probably best to stick with the default 19 Work Environment and then just alter the shortcuts to suit what you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry - can I import to a custom scheme without damaging the default scheme?
Barry Kelly
No it will replace it which is the problem.

So you either keep the new default and add in what you need.
Or you keep your old scheme and add in the new commands.

When I upgrade I open 2 Archicads - one with my old WE and one with the new default WE.
I then compare both (2 screens helps) and set then new commands into my WE and save it as my new 19 scheme.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like a plan, thanks Barry
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Leif wrote:
can I import to a custom scheme without damaging the default scheme?
The default Shortcut Scheme (Standard Shortcuts 19) is locked and cannot be changed. It can be copied (use Store As...) and then modified. So if you decide to Import your old scheme, this default scheme will remain as an option unmodified.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
Yes sorry importing a scheme will not change any of he other existing schemes.
You will still be able to switch back to them when ever you want.

What I meant is if you import a scheme and use it then you will not have any of the commands for the new features as they didn't exist in your old versions.
Importing schemes don't add to the new 19 schemes - they will simply give you exactly the same commands you had in the old version.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27