BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

teamwork workflow & issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
howdy

having some issues... as well as some interface things that are not clear

hoping someone can help out with any / all of the following (archiCAD v16)

HUGE thanks in advance

01: experiencing huge delays in receiving messages... any help on where / what / how we can resolve

02: not always clear in the teamwork palette which items a user has reserved (sometimes there is a little green jellybean next to a reserved view... sometimes not)

03: is there any setting that allows a pop-up message to show when a user has.. for example.. sent & received, released a view etc.... so that others working on the project are aware of what is going on

04: is there any way to change an exist view maps settings (pen settings, associated layers settings, reno filter etc)... i can open the settings dialogue box... make the mods... but the OK button is greyed out... is it not possible to change... irrespective of your role... is it only possible to go back to the project map... and recreate the view with the correct settings?

again... HUGE thanks in advance for any help

yukioMishima
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
yukioMishima wrote:
01: experiencing huge delays in receiving messages... any help on where / what / how we can resolve
I don't know what can be causing that, you might want to contact your local support about that.
02: not always clear in the teamwork palette which items a user has reserved (sometimes there is a little green jellybean next to a reserved view... sometimes not)
Are you talking about elements in a Viewpoint? You can display all such elements reserved by you by using on of the display modes in the Teamwork Palette, like "color by users" or something.
In Dialogs and Palettes there is usually a green dot by the item you reserved. Or the green dot is at the bottom of the Dialog if you have to reserve the Dialog.
03: is there any setting that allows a pop-up message to show when a user has.. for example.. sent & received, released a view etc.... so that others working on the project are aware of what is going on

I am not aware of such a feature in Teamwork. But I just started worndering if this is available in BIMCloud GS announced recently. We will have to wait to find out when it comes out.
04: is there any way to change an exist view maps settings (pen settings, associated layers settings, reno filter etc)... i can open the settings dialogue box... make the mods... but the OK button is greyed out... is it not possible to change... irrespective of your role... is it only possible to go back to the project map... and recreate the view with the correct settings?
I think you will have to reserve the View Settings Dialog to be able to do that. But I think it is Role-dependent whether you can so you will have to check your Role to see if it allows you. If you go to the Dialog and the OK button is gray and you don't even see a Reserve button, your Role probably does not allow you. If I remember correctly, in such a case you have to modify the role or assign another Role i nthe BIm Server Manager, then you need to log out of the PRoject and them Log in again for the new Role settings to take effect.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlo

thanks for your reply

i have ensured that the user has a role that has all options checked... as well as being a project admin.... HOWEVER.... does not appear to be possible to change any of the settings of a pre-saved view in the view map (plans, elevations, sections etc)

i have tried reserving just the view... as well as reserving all... same result

is there something i am missing

huge thanks again

yukioMishima
Anonymous
Not applicable
can anyone confirm / deny that the above is typical behavior.. it would seem logical that you should be able to modify the settings of a saved view... however.. i cannot seem to be able to do it

anyone?

thanks in advance

yukioMishima
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I tried it just now and I don't think this is typical behaviour.
If you reserve a View, the green little dot should appear in its icon and then you should be able to make changes and apply them in its Settings Dialog.

You might want to contact your local support with this issue.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!