Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

teamwork

Rakela Raul
Participant
i would like to setup an office overseas and share a file in our ftp site or server with our local office.
what is the rt way to setup this situation using teamwork,,,thx a lot
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
7 REPLIES 7
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Rakela,
If you don't use a program that maps an FTP site like a hard drive, it will be imposable for you to have any type of ArchiCAD project on it and be able to acess it directly through ArchiCAD.

This has been a limitation in ArchiCAD for a long time.

Just a little food for thought.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Rakela Raul
Participant
thx ben,
we will figure another route...
i will have the networking masters
to take care of that business...
thx v much
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
TomWaltz
Participant
You could probably come up with some kind of system where a local person creates a PLC file with a workspace for each remote person to work from, then the remote person downloads it, edits it, then sends it back for a local person to "Send & Receive."

Could be a lot of overhead for not a lot of result.
Tom Waltz
Rakela Raul
Participant
thx tom,
person on my end not a problem,
any chance to overwrite what somebodyelse is doing?? any danger of any kind??
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
You could probably come up with some kind of system where a local person creates a PLC file with a workspace for each remote person to work from, then the remote person downloads it, edits it, then sends it back for a local person to "Send & Receive."

I've had a client using Tom's solution very successfully. It's one of those straight forward simple approaches and since one person is managing all of the Send and Receive as long as everyone sticks to there work spaces there's not much chance of overwriting what someone else has done.

It will be the changes in workspace that will have to be closely managed.

woodster
Rakela Raul
Participant
thx woodster,
the other end already have done it (tom's way), so i have
the experience there and im counting on you all anyway!!!
thx again gentlemen
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
TomWaltz
Participant
Teamwork is pretty solid. The risk would be in having multiple versions of the same PLC flying around, which could pretty easily be over-written, or even have an older PLC "Send and Receive," undoing work sent from a later PLC! (yes, you get a warning, but you can click OK pretty easily!!)
Tom Waltz