BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

the dreaded "offline"

Dave Brach
Advocate
I and my employee have successfully connected to my bimserver for several years without issue using a virtual private network, he from his house and me from mine. The server is at my home. I have also had pretty good luck from public networks such as coffee shops.

We both just moved into an office and I left the server at my house. His laptop connects just fine as usual. Mine only says "offline". I know that I am not offline because I can see that I am connected to the server machine in my VPN. I tried turning off the windows firewall and that makes no difference. What could it be??
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
4 REPLIES 4
Dave Brach
Advocate
responding to my own post here with more info.... I see now that with two computers in my office, if one is using the bimserver the other shows up as "offline". If I close Archicad on the online computer, then I can go "online" with other and vice versa. The VPN on both computers seems to be connected just fine and of course internet works just fine on both. This suggests to me an issue with archicad, not my internet connection, because even if I don't have a ton of bandwidth shouldn't I be able to have two computers online at the same time? What exactly does "online" even mean and what causes the program to go "offline"? Is there a specific amount of bandwidth required to have two computers online at the same time?
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dave,

what is the current situation?

If it is still the same could you please check your VPN settings? Usually there is a limitation how many active sessions/connections can be open. Maybe now, that you are working from the same location this is reached and that blocks the parallel usage of both computers.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Dave Brach
Advocate
I have no idea why, but after a few weeks of difficulty it seems to be working now. We did not change a thing, so can't really figure it out....
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dave wrote:
I have no idea why, but after a few weeks of difficulty it seems to be working now. We did not change a thing, so can't really figure it out....
The fact that it works is absolute good news, though it is not good that such behavior is sort of random.

Let us know if anything changes and then we'll check it more in depth.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Learn and get certified!