BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

trouble with cadimage wall coverings at corners

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having trouble with connecting the cadimage wall coverings at corners. I have drawn two walls and used the intersect tool on them to create the corner, but the coverings dont seem to follow. No matter what I do - it doesnt seem to display how i want it to. Some of the coverings i have done connect at the corners fine, so wondering why some dont? it makes the elevations look a bit strange

Capture.PNG
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there another wall (possibly on a layer which is turned off) which could be interfering here?

You can select the faulty covering and stretch the mitre angle with the pink hot-spot
Covering.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just checked by turning on the layers and there is no other wall interfering. When I click the pink nodes to stretch out the covering there seems to be a gap between the wall covering.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The pink node on the corner of the wall will stretch the covering beyond the extent of the wall, but the other pink node OUTSIDE the covering (shown with arrow, below) will adjust the angle
Covering2.jpg
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
It seems that this sometimes happens when you pick up parameters from one covering to another. It does not seem to be consistent so a little hard to trace but I have had this happen too. Just adjust the corners as shown by s2art and you should be OK.

I have had some complex wall conditions where it is not possible to get the result I want but not too often.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had this happen, i think i delete the covering, check the wall to wall connection & re-apply the covering
Learn and get certified!