Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

using zones for finish shedule

Erika Epstein
Booster
Hello,
I am trying to include some additional parameters in my room finish schedule. I need to treat each wall separately so that each wall is a separate column to enter info in. I have found in the set up where one acn check off these kinds of parameters, see screen shot. This is for a historic restoration project.

1. I cannot get them to show in my zone schemes or using I/S. I do keep getting the error when saving the selected parameters "cannot write output file"

2. Some rooms have a '5th' wall because there is a corner fireplace. How can I have a column for that? [No room has a 6th wall similar.]

All help welcome
thank you,
Erika
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
2 REPLIES 2
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Erika wrote:
Hello,
I am trying to include some additional parameters in my room finish schedule. I need to treat each wall separately so that each wall is a separate column to enter info in. I have found in the set up where one acn check off these kinds of parameters, see screen shot. This is for a historic restoration project.

1. I cannot get them to show in my zone schemes or using I/S. I do keep getting the error when saving the selected parameters "cannot write output file"

2. Some rooms have a '5th' wall because there is a corner fireplace. How can I have a column for that? [No room has a 6th wall similar.]

Erika
Erika,

Try using the USER DEFINED PARAMETERs for any extra walls you need. Otherwise, rescripting new paramters into the zone stamp and naming it something different works too... Different from say a Door or Win schedule, you may only ever need to edit the ONE zone stamp.

I have created a finish schedule from zones as shown below. Seems to be working fine. My problem was just in FINDING the darn zone stamps in the paramter selector... Had to use SHOW BY TYPES and go into 2d symbols / stamps... And, why doesn't the IS remember which parameters I've already selected...

Take a look... I am not sure I'm actually helping you here...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Erika Epstein
Booster
Duane,
Thanks, you have helped. Karl also pointed out that I was confusing archicad by having all 3 kinds of zones stamps selected.

thanks again
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"