Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

volume - How do I find a house built volume

Anonymous
Not applicable
It gives such a house, which is required to build volume. With all the roof or not.

How can I find a house built in volume?
5 REPLIES 5
Get a very large bucket and fill it with water. Put the house in the bucket.
Measure the volume of water that is missing when you take the house out of the water.

Or you could place some zones in the rooms of the house and extract the volume of the space in the house into a schedule.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
the zones I thought too, in the room is ok, but what do the attic and roofs?
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can SEO zones to roofs, etc

If you want to see zones in 3d, You can turn zones on

View - Elements in 3D view - Filter elements in 3D

Once you have SEO your zones, you will need to update your zones

Design - Update Zones (I think this only works in plan view)

This will re-calculate your volumes.
vistasp
Advisor
Steve wrote:
Get a very large bucket and fill it with water. Put the house in the bucket.
Measure the volume of water that is missing when you take the house out of the water.
Not if it floats, though. Then you're only be able to measure the weight of the house. 😉
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

If you want to know the volume of the building shell (all the walls, windows, roof and doors) you can save the whole building as an object and get the volume with the Lists/Elements/General Element List

If you want to get the external volume of the building (I think this is what you wish) you can make a proximate massing volume with complex profiles and get the volume with Lists/Elements/Wall/General

Regards, Ede