I am trying to analyze results from the raw .ifc file I exported which describe the geometry of a wall layer thickness. In this case the layer thickness should be 10mm. The data follows the IFC definition in the following link:
From the attached image you can see the example data that is given by the raw .ifc file in terms of:
1) coordinate pairs (x,y,z)
2) indexes in the form of (0.,-0.707106781187,-0.707106781187)
3) indexes in the form of (1,4,2), these I understand pertain to the nodes composing the triangulation
4) indexes in the form of (2,2,2), these describe a straight line (from (1,1,1,) to (84,84,84,)
My questions are:
- What is the relationship between 1) and 3) exactly? there are 164 coordinates and twice as many indexes of triangulation so the mathematical or geometrical relation isn't very evident.
- It isn't clear what 2) represents... are these some parameterized values?
- And finally, what does 4) represent? A straight line across the geometry from 'startpoint' to 'endpoint' ?