Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

wanting to show exterior trim on cadimage windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have drawn a cadimage window and have added a rectangular profile exterior trim to it. It shows up how I want it to in the preview tab in the cadimage window settings. but when i look at it in elevation or 3d view I cannot see the changes to the window. When I select the window in 3d view - you can see that the trim is there but not showing. I tried deleting the cadimage wall covering and re-doing it to see if that changed anything but sadly not.
In elevation view the window doesnt show the exterior trim at all. Pictures to follow...

1.PNG
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's either the window is placed wrongly. I.e. The trim is on the internal wall. Or the trim is not thick enough to show.
Check the interior elevation first. Usually my problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The trim is definitely on the exterior wall. But it still doesnt show in elevation. it doesnt even show up in plan view. As you can see by the picture - the trim is wide enough to see. When the window is selected in plan view you can see that the trim is there - but when deselected, its not there. is there somehting in the cadimage window settings maybe? or model view options?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The Trim is now showing up on the plan but is covered by the cadimage wall covering. how do i get the wall covering to stop at the edge of the exterior trim??
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just realised what splitlid was meaning. I just changed the thickness of the trim to 55mm (it was 18mm before and not enough to show through the wall cladding).
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have coverings as well then you can apply them there, that is what I do.
Capture3.JPG