Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

what does or does not work with the 13 upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
VBe?
MEP modeler?
Google Earth connection?
Objective?

Cadimage requires upgrades...they are available now....for a price, but before I actually get 13. Anyow, Add-ons have been problematic with past upgrades. Anyone able to speak to this.

Thanks in advance, Cary
30 REPLIES 30
Karl Ottenstein
Cary wrote:
VBe?
MEP modeler?
Google Earth connection?
Objective?

Cadimage requires upgrades...they are available now....for a price, but before I actually get 13. Anyow, Add-ons have been problematic with past upgrades. Anyone able to speak to this.

Thanks in advance, Cary
Hi Cary,

GS has announced that MEP, VBE and EcoDesigner will be available with 13 and that all current owners will get the 13-compatible versions for free. MEP was available to us throughout beta testing.

Throughout the beta testing period, we had copies of Cigraph, Encina (Objective, FrameWright, etc) and Cadimage add-ons to test, so the 13-compatible versions are there. If there is a fee for the updated versions, I would not know ... you'd have to check each manufacturer's web site - although it would be nice if they would post a note here.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks Karl

Cadimage is charging an upgrade fee, but it appears they are adding functionality....they are doing a strip tease on their website...revealing a little more each day.

cheers cary
Anonymous
Not applicable
anyone heard whether the google earth connection will work with 13 when
the update is released later this month? When the 12 upgrade came out it took whomever 8 months to make GE compatible with 12.....NOT GOOD!

Cheers, cary
Karl Ottenstein
Yeah, I agree. Release dates have not been announced though. Since 13 is supposed to start shipping this week ("mid-September"), I would guess we'll start hearing about these other things soon...

Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Karl wrote:
If there is a fee for the updated versions, I would not know ... you'd have to check each manufacturer's web site - although it would be nice if they would post a note here.
Updates for Encina's add-ons to AC13 are free to registered users - just download and install.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Brett Brown
Advocate
Ralph wrote:
Updates for Encina's add-ons to AC13
Anything new in Objective for 13 Ralph? I see there is a new version 2.28, would it be possible to advertise here every time a new version is uploaded (or email all your clients)?
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes, there's a fee for the CadimageTools upgrade to v13(which are available for download now).
If you upgrade before October the 13th, you get 13% off the upgrade price, but yes, you will still have to pay something.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Karl Ottenstein
Cigraph announced today:
http://www.cigraph.it/cigraph/pagetrans.do?lang=en&action=notizie_det&view=NEWS_EVENTS&pof=0&news_id...

that the 13 plug-ins are ready for purchase and download. The article above says they are at no charge for people who purchased after June 15, but that the 13 upgrade is otherwise 25 euro for each plug-in.

Karl
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Cigraph announced today:
http://www.cigraph.it/cigraph/pagetrans.do?lang=en&action=notizie_det&view=NEWS_EVENTS&pof=0&news_id...

that the 13 plug-ins are ready for purchase and download. The article above says they are at no charge for people who purchased after June 15, but that the 13 upgrade is otherwise 25 euro for each plug-in.

Karl
I think this should stop , and its GS call. Why pay 25$ for each plugin for a recompilation? The system should be made such, that plugins do not become obsolete (like photoshop for example).

Is there anything else besides a recompilation involved?