Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

wrong wall area in schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I've got a big problem with schedules, both in Archicad 20 and 21. When scheduling walls I use inside and outside gross and conditional surfaces but I can't understand how the hell do they work! Why External and internal surfaces are identical (supposing I'm measuring a rectangle this is not possible!)? Why then if I have no holes at all, gross and conditional (or net) are different? It seams that for conditional it is not considering angles, but what I expect is that that must be the difference between inside and outside. Well, It's a huge problem, so please help me!!!!

Thank's to everybody!!!
Have a nice summer!
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Here are all Wall Listing Parameters and how they are calculated:

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76908/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, but the problem is that the behaviour is completely different.... For example, for "Gross Sur­face Area of the wall on the Outside Face" and "Gross Sur­face Area of the wall on the Inside Face" I get the point of what they should do, in fact I espect them to be different while they are identical...
Gaetano
Contributor
a.forlin wrote:
yes, but the problem is that the behaviour is completely different.... For example, for "Gross Sur­face Area of the wall on the Outside Face" and "Gross Sur­face Area of the wall on the Inside Face" I get the point of what they should do, in fact I espect them to be different while they are identical...
I've got the same problem!!!!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Gaetano,

Can you show me some screenshots? Like how the geometry of the Wall looks in 3D (just a single Wall), and then how those values appear on the Schedule?
Gaetano
Contributor
LaszloNagy wrote:
Gaetano,

Can you show me some screenshots? Like how the geometry of the Wall looks in 3D (just a single Wall), and then how those values appear on the Schedule?
Hi LaszloNagy! Thank you for answering.
I am Italian and I know very little English, so I apologize in advance for the mistakes.

I am only now beginning to discover the schedules and my desire is to extrapolate the data of the individual layers of a composite wall:
1. Layer length;
2. Layer thickness;
3. Layer height;
4. Surface (m2) of at least one of the two faces of a layer;
5. Layer volume.

After replying to the topic "wrong wall area in schedules" I managed to get only:
2. Layer thickness;
4. Surface (m2) of at least one of the two faces of a layer (img.1);
5. Layer volume (img. 1).

I can't understand how, if possible, to obtain quantities 1 and 3

I would like to have the possibility to view all the quantities (from 1 to 5).

Another BIG problem I had when I tried to quantify two walls, of the same type, same length and same height but, consecutive (img. 2).
I noticed that the quantities, which I learned to extrapolate, are not identical for both composite wall.
How is it possible????

N.B.
To better visualize the data I put the two composite walls composed on two different Layers.

The building package that I created does not have real functionality, but was created just for experimentation.

I hope I have been clear and that you can help me

Thanks
Marc H
Advisor
The intersecting materials may calculate differently as we can expect AC will prioritize each of the layered materials as they meet at the corner, much as one would build the walls. They would not be equal unless the materials were mitered at the corner.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Gaetano
Contributor
Marc wrote:
The intersecting materials may calculate differently as we can expect AC will prioritize each of the layered materials as they meet at the corner, much as one would build the walls. They would not be equal unless the materials were mitered at the corner.
Sorry but my english is bad, so I struggle to understand what you wrote ....
cit. "They would not be equal unless the materials were mitered at the corner" ...
...so the layers won't be cut diagonally, will they meet only orthogonally?
If so, then will I never be able to verify the individual quantities of the layers, of consecutive composite walls ???!!!???
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I do not think there are any available Schedule Fields that can return those skin length and skin height values you are looking for. I think this is a limitation of the software, these capabilities are not implemented in it.

The reason you see different values is that Wall skins intersect based on the Intersection Priority Number of their Building Materials, and one Wall cuts the other. If you select either Wall you can see from its highlight how its 3D body is generated. You can also see it if you display only one of the Walls in 3D.

Sorry, I cannot be of help here, I don't know any way to get those values.
Marc H
Advisor
@Gaetano,
The builders will not miter most most materials and instead square cut and layer, so your calculations will be accurately quantified.

For mitered materials (e.g., some stone detailing, veneers, etc.), perhaps you can use a separate simple wall for that outer material in those locations, which may be mitered. Here is a test miter example done with a 1/2" wall with high priority over the concrete and then an SEO to miter them, resulting in miter depiction and equal schedule values.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors