Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

2 different files export MEP cable carrier differently to ifc

Jakob_Floyd
Booster

Hello,

I have 2 different pln files (A and B) and for test purposes they are super simple and contain only a short segments of cable carriers.

- When I save file A as ifc, then cable carrier becomes Custom flow equipment.

- When I save file B as ifc, then cable carrier becomes Model element.

Why oh why?

I have compared translators and it looks the same to me, but I have no experience with that, so take it with a grain of salt. If any of you could download the files and save them as ifc and see what happens - I would be very grateful!

Best wishes to all of you!

AC26
i9-12900 | 64GB RAM | 1TB NVME | RTX 3070 | WIN 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jakob_Floyd
Booster

So on file A I went to File->Interoperability->IFC->IFC Translators and then under Translators for Export clicked on General Parametric Export and then under Conversion Presets clicked on the three dots next to Type Mapping.

In the new window I clicked on Map IFC Types for Export... and then in another new window I clicked on Reset Mapping. Then OK, OK, OK and now when I save it as ifc, the carrier is saved as an Model Element (Object) - success!

AC26

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Xandros
Expert

Hi

you might check the type mapping in your ifc translator.

For further information: ArchiCAD 26 INT Help 

ArchiCAD 26 GER / Win10
Intel i9-9900K / 64GB RAM / nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Solution
Jakob_Floyd
Booster

So on file A I went to File->Interoperability->IFC->IFC Translators and then under Translators for Export clicked on General Parametric Export and then under Conversion Presets clicked on the three dots next to Type Mapping.

In the new window I clicked on Map IFC Types for Export... and then in another new window I clicked on Reset Mapping. Then OK, OK, OK and now when I save it as ifc, the carrier is saved as an Model Element (Object) - success!

AC26