cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Can't open .dwgs with ArchiCAD 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is something that has just recently occured; When I try to open an AutoCAD .dwg file, I am getting a File Open Error window saying. "The file you are trying to open is damaged! Do you want ArchiCAD to try recovering it?", and when I try recovering it, nothing happens.

Can anyone help me out with this problem? I've been opening .dwg files with no problem until now.

thanks!

errorWindow.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just found out that my ArchiCAD 10 program will apparently only open AutoCAD 2000 .dwg files, so my clients now need to archive those for that format.

Hopefully I'll be able to open the current versions with ArchiCAD 11
.....when I can afford the upgrade. Anyhow, I hope this helps anyone else still using 10 who had this problem.

grenderer wrote:
This is something that has just recently occured; When I try to open an AutoCAD .dwg file, I am getting a File Open Error window saying. "The file you are trying to open is damaged! Do you want ArchiCAD to try recovering it?", and when I try recovering it, nothing happens.

Can anyone help me out with this problem? I've been opening .dwg files with no problem until now.

thanks!
Djordje
Ace
?

It should be able to open Autocad 2005.

Which asson are you using?

If you are on Windows, or have an Intel Mac running Windows, there is a TrueDWG Convert utility from Autodesk, that will convert any Autocad version to any other; free download from their web site.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen