Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Clicking on hotlink only selects an object, not the whole hotlink

Jakob_Floyd
Booster

Good day,

I have a working file with several hotlinks that are placed on their own layers (i.e. HVAC hotlink is placed in a layer Hotlink HVAC and FireProtection is placed in Hotlink FireProtection layer). I have been used to the behavior that when I click on any element of the hotlink, then everything is selected as one big piece. And then I was able to move the hotlink if necessary.

Couple of days ago I  must have did something and now when I click on the element of the hotlink, it selects that element and all other elements on the same layer (not master layer for the hotlink, but that element's layer) and I cannot move the hotlink around anymore.

I have tried hotlinking the same files in a clean project and everything works as expected there.

All the hotlinks are still shown in Hotlink Module Manager, so they are not embedded in the project.

I tried to delete one hotlink and then added it again and the behavior was still the same - it selects only some elements.

I hope that there is a setting that I am missing to bring it back to how it was.

Operating system used: Windows 11

AC26
i9-12900 | 64GB RAM | 1TB NVME | RTX 3070 | WIN 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

You have suspended your groups.

ALT+G is the keyboard shortcut toggle (for Windows) and you should find there will be a toolbar icon as well.

BarryKelly_0-1718778364826.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

You have suspended your groups.

ALT+G is the keyboard shortcut toggle (for Windows) and you should find there will be a toolbar icon as well.

BarryKelly_0-1718778364826.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

That was it! Thank you!

AC26
i9-12900 | 64GB RAM | 1TB NVME | RTX 3070 | WIN 11

Setup info provided by author