BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Fire Doors in Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to organise a door schedule to include interactive fire rating for each door without having to input the rating manually.I have checked the 'show fire rating' box under door settings and the marker text and custom text under scheme settings in the schedule but without success.The sceen shot shows the layout I would like to achieve.
11 REPLIES 11
Erika Epstein
Booster
What screen shot?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the screenshot that should have been attached to the above.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
RALPHY wrote:
I am trying to organise a door schedule to include interactive fire rating for each door without having to input the rating manually.I have checked the 'show fire rating' box under door settings and the marker text and custom text under scheme settings in the schedule but without success.The sceen shot shows the layout I would like to achieve.
I don't quite understand this.
How do you want to show the fire rating if you do not enter it manually? Doors do not know by themselves their own fire rating.
You have to go to their parameters and set the Fire Rating parameter under the Parameters for Listing group to the desired values.

By the way, the PDF you uploaded is zero kilobytes.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable

The fire rating (in this case 30 minutes) appears on the floor plan next to the door (D1) which is fine,however I would like the rating to be linked to the door schedule under a separate heading without having to input the details a second time.

Door Sch.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ralphy,

If you have added the fire rating to the listing section of the door (as the first image attached), then you can add that same parameter to the schedule (see second image).

Even if you haven't, you can easily and quickly edit this parameter within the schedule itself to select the correct rating for each door. (See third image).

Hope that helps.
door_fire1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Second image - Select 'additional parameters', then navigate to the door you are using, then select 'gs_list_firerating' from the long list of available parameters.

'Add' this, then press OK for it to be added to your schedule.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can adjust the parameters from within the schedule, and it will adjust the parameters in the door at the same time. One of the most powerful features!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Peter -hoping this will make scheduling easier as it is one job that can be a real chore sometimes!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad it helped!
Learn and get certified!