Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Tabulating Floor Sq Ft. from Zones or Fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am looking to Automate my Square Footage take-offs that are listed on the plan.

I have figured out a way to show the Zone area in a Table (by dragging the Zone Text into the pre-defined table), but this does not give an Automated Total.

What are others doing to "report" Living Area square footages?
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay,

Excellent info. and detail!

Thank you for the effort. I really appreciate it

Thanks Greg.

PS
By the way, where/how are the numbers in the schedule right justified?
I have not yet placed the Schedule on the plan, is this where the number column can be right justified?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good info on the schedule Jay. I wanted ask what kind of standards firms are using for labeling SF. I haven't come across a specific section of the CBC or IBC/IRC that states how it is to be tallied. We have always followed the ANSI Z765-2003 (was-1997) standard for SF calculations. This is a voluntary standard and if nothing else gave us some kind published means to adopt. We've had differences of opinion vs. many Building Depts. I think that some of it just becomes an issue of tax dollars being lost. Just wondering how everyone else counts it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a try I did of this a few months ago, my only issue is that I cannot get items to show as one, and I cannot exclude some areas from some calculations and include it in others, like the lowest diagram. Of course the schedule was made in ver9. And I havent bothered to work it in 10, just because 9 didn't do it and the scheduler still looks the same.

Any pointers?
area chart.jpg