cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Time management

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am wanting to streamline the time management process for projects and asking if there is something inherent in AC that will allow for tracking of time. Also was wondering what methods/software small firm owners use for time tracking on projects.
56 REPLIES 56
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mike wrote:
Link wrote:
Ooooh - you have to check out ArchiOffice! I have heard very good things about it:

http://www.archioffice.com/architect-and-time-track-ly.html

Cheers,
Link.
I heard this now syncs with address book and ical . You need filemaker pro to use this product.
I have heard good things about ArchiOffice as well, though I haven't seen it up close myself. There is also AIM (Architecture Information Manager) which can be found at architectronica.com. This also has what appears to be a very cool detail manager.
__archiben
Booster
i have an application called iBiz. it's a bit clunky and i'm not overly enamoured with it, but it's cheap and allows me to manage time-based tasks from a dashboard widget . . . it also syncs with iCal . . . kind of . . .

5/10 - but more for it's price than anything else.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
i have an application called iBiz. it's a bit clunky and i'm not overly enamoured with it, but it's cheap and allows me to manage time-based tasks from a dashboard widget . . . it also syncs with iCal . . . kind of . . .

5/10 - but more for it's price than anything else.

~/archiben
I use iBiz myself, but it's not really a time tracker. It's handy for importing the iCal data and doing invoicing, but it has some irritating quirks. It is simple and cheap though; pretty good for a sole practice. I wouldn't recommend it to a firm.
Eduardo Rolon
I have tried (all OSX applications):

1) The Daily Grind - a free widget
www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/20873

2) Process
www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/15698

3) On the Job
www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14742

I did buy iBiz but it felt clunky. Right now I prefer The Daily Grind it is simple and easy the only problem is remembering to switch tasks. About ArchiOffice I have followed its development but right now it is overkill for the way I work and seems difficult to set up. Another option is to try Basecamp
www.basecamphq.com/
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Potato Farmer
Mentor
I have tried software time trackers a couple times but was constantly forgetting to start, stop, and change jobs. Now I record my daily activities on paper then enter them directly (every couple days) into QuickBooks time tracking. Then they go straight into my invoices and I can output multiple reports. For me this has proven to be the fewest steps.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Ooooh - you have to check out ArchiOffice! I have heard very good things about it:
Hi everybody!

You just don't know what you are missing!

IMHO it's the ultimate project management software for architects!

I know this software for 2 years... by the time I acessed the site they had a demo version for download... it was 3.x (or something) but it gives a good idea of the method of checklisting tasks... The new r8 version is just AMAZING!... If you want I can share it... Just don't know how... 36 mb!

BTW... Djordje, Where I can send it?

Cheers,

Braza
Djordje
Ace
Braza wrote:
BTW... Djordje, Where I can send it?
Not here ...

Just provide the link.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Braza, please post a link to the product homepage.

thank you.
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for the delay guys,

Here is the link:
rapidshare.de/files/30234526/ArchiOfficeDemoWin.zip.html
Login the program with the Username: Demo Person and the PW: Demo.

It's not the last version, but it gives a good idea of the concept of the program. I recommend the 60 days free (see the conditions at www.archioffice.com) trial version for the R8 shipped in March.

Enjoy it!
Anonymous
Not applicable
We bought ArchiOffice and do you want to know what I think about it?
Better gone fishing than loose hundred hours trying to make it working!!!
If someone wants to buy our licence, I can give him a good price...