Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Vitruvian Studio 1.0 - Interactive (Web 3D) Walk-through -

Anonymous
Not applicable
Vitruvian Studio 1.0 is a professional and easy to use tool in the field of Realtime 3D. It improves (one click process) the VRML generated by ArchiCAD (Graphisoft) and transforms AC 3D scenes in optimum interactive Web 3D walk-throughs within minutes.
Examples and demo version are available at http://www.vitruvian-studio.com

VRML is designed to be used on the Internet, intranets, and local client systems. VRML is also intended to be a universal interchange format for integrated 3D graphics and multimedia.
VRML models can be used for collaboration, model checking, work process integration, electronic design review, sales, and marketing with architects, owners, engineers, detailers, fabricators, erectors, contractors, designers.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been using Vitruvian for a few weeks now, here are my thoughts so far...

I've found a few problems, one was the textures weren't scaling properly. I sent an email to Vitruvian support and they fixed the problem the following week.

The other thing is that the PICTURE command in GDL doesn't export properly to VRML , at least in AC11. So the Picture 11 object or Carpet 11 object won't export the correct texture. I made a workaround by modifying the Picture 11 object to use material and texture commands instead of picture to map the texture.

The lighting is good, but there are no shadows as was mentioned before. The output is definitely better than the Archicad 3D window though.

The navigation is kind of tricky, it would be cooler to have an FPS game-type navigation like the AC 3D explore window. It is still usable though.

Everything else works as advertised.

If anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask.

cheers!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!