Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Wall schedule - duplicate objects and grouping by type

Arcadia
Booster
I am creating some wall schedules to show some simple length and area values for a builder client. I have got them showing the column totals I want but noticed an odd thing. If I create a new wall it shows up in the schedule on a new line but if I duplicate a wall it shows up in the schedule as an existing wall but with double the length. It separates out if I change the duplicates length or angle but falls back into the parent entry if I change it back to match the parent. The element ID does not have any affect on this. How can I stop this?

Also as an alternative how can I group all elements of the same type into one line on the schedule? Ie instead of listing 20 walls of the same type (ie as per my complex or composite profile name) why can't the schedule just lump them all into the same line with a total meterage?

I've done some searches on this but can't seem to find anything.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also looking for an answer, years later.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Answered my own question. Reporting back to share a solution for others. There is a checkbox located in corner of Schedule. Image Attached.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know this is an older post but I am building some schedules and came across this in my searches for sorting out bugs so I thought I would give my 2 cents.

I personally like everything being grouped together. The reason you had the new wall on its own line is likely because it had a different ID than the existing walls.