Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

artlantis UV mapping

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone tried creating an object with uv mapping? I have the 'missing book' and it says that it's possible to do it but I don't understand exactly how. What do I need to do in photoshop before I proceed with the insertion of the picture in artlantis?
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
You would be MUCH better off if you asked the same question in Artlantis forums ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
If You save the model with the textures... the UV mapping is there
so You can change the texture and set it to UV but the sizes and mapping will be as set in AC

Best Regards,
Piotr
stefan
Expert
You can use this to import 3ds models (or some other formats) created in applications such as Cinema4D or 3ds max and have the textures positioned correctly.

But IMHO the ArchiCAD texture mapping comes in correctly in Artlantis (it used to be different in the past).
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad saves your textures in a folder if you export the *.alt file.
So you can attach them again by the color/layer adaptation, or some think like that.
Select the pictures instaid of a color
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
You could try free uvmapping utility called "uvmapper".
The classic version is free: http://www.uvmapper.com/downloads.html
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you all for the info...the site looks intresting aswell! I'll study it in the near future...

cheers..