BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

How to Simplify Floor Plan View of an Object

Judit Boros
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
This article explains how you can simplify the 2D Symbol Floor Plan View of a custom Window Object in few steps. We have a custom Window placed in the project. The 2D Symbol (as it appears on the Floor Plan) of the custom GDL Objects is automatically generated, but it does not match our needs.
wp-content_uploads_archicadwiki_howtosimplifyfloorplanview--picture11.png

Step 1: Open Object

Select the Object and open its GDL Master Window: go to File/ Libraries and Objects/ Open Object.

Step 2: Open 2D Symbol Window

In the appearing GDL Master Window activate the Library Part's 2D Symbol editor window with clicking on the icon.
wp-content_uploads_archicadwiki_howtosimplifyfloorplanview--gdlmaster.png

Step 3: Modify Floor Plan View

In the 2D Symbol window you can specify the display option for the preview picture. Here you can edit an existing symbol or create a new one with the standard ARCHICAD selection and 2D tools: Arrow, Marquee, Text, Fill, Line, Arc/Circle, Spline and Hotspot (with Hotspot Tool you can specify the Object Hotspots visible on Floor Plan). You can also paste elements from the 3D Window here.
wp-content_uploads_archicadwiki_howtosimplifyfloorplanview--picture02.png
wp-content_uploads_archicadwiki_howtosimplifyfloorplanview--picture03.png

Step 4: Save Changes

If you are ready with editing the 2D Symbol of the Window, you only need to save the changes: File menu/Save or if you close the Master Window of a GDL Object (Library Part), all of the other windows of the Object will also be closed. You will be prompted to save changes, if any.
wp-content_uploads_archicadwiki_howtosimplifyfloorplanview--save.png

TIP: Removing Triangulation from Imported SketchUp, Cinema 4D and 3D Studio Objects on Help Center
Comments
GREJX
Contributor

Hi. I have updated a plan view as above however it doesn't update into my model. I have imported a 3DS file and it has a heavy mesh. I"ve created a simple outline in the 2D Symbol option as above. Any ideas?

GREJX
Contributor

Actually I just deleted the 2D script - working now!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!