Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

0,00000% zoom Survey point missing

francisco
Participant

hi, I have 2 problems to solve that are probably connected: 0,000000% zoom and missing survey point.gsm. Please see attached images.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

IFC.apx is an add-on I believe.

It does not seem to be a default one that comes with Archicad.

Check you add-on manager to see if it is loaded.

If not you will need to add it.

I assume that add-on creates the survey point you are missing.

If not then you need to load that survey point object with your Library Manager so it is not missing.

The 00000% zoom is probably because there is something very far from the project origin.

Is it best to model close to the origin in Archicad.

AC25 (not sure what version you are using) has a built in survey point that can be placed far from origin and shouldn't affect anything.

But you always want the building model close to the origin.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Miha_M
Advisor

Seems to be a similar problem as this one Re: Level Dimension | Strange behaviour - Graphisoft CommunityThe new AC25 preview update mentions a graphical artifact problem solution, maybe this helps.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

runxel
Legend

My guess?

A file created before AC 25 and then migrated.

The "Survey Point.gsm" will obviously now no longer be available, since it got replaced with the native tool.

Regarding the visual glitch, it could also be due to a bad driver. Updating those could help.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
francisco
Participant

Thanks for the help…I’ve found 3 stairs on the same place in different stories that were taking the zoom extend to 0,000%. That problem is solved.

Regarding the Point Survey.gsm I haven´t found a solution. The object doesn’t exist in the model. So I cannot find the black spot and erase it. The only option that I think of is that this gsm is incorporated in some object of my libraries that is not being used…but if this is possible, how to know which one ?!

(I am working in ac25 on a Mac)

I am not sure if this helps.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Archicad-25-survey-coordinate-point-not-recognised-...

I didn't quite understand how you could select the survey point to save in the embedded library, if you can't see it because it is missing.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I regularly have the same problem (0.0000% zoom). Somehow it's related to an error with stairs. When I delete the stairs the zoom problem is always fixed. But then the stairs are gone, so it's not a working solution.