Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

22 Curtain Wall Tool - Corner Clean Up

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,
I am getting to know the Curtain Wall tool in AC22 for the first time, and could use some guidance on corner clean up.
See attached.

I've created a curtainwall scheme, and placed it in the model as a fully enclosed curtainwall. There must be a simple answer, but I'm wondering why my start and stopping points of the CW show as a "Boundary Frame" and not a corner mullion. If possible, i'd like to solve this in the typical scheme settings, and not in Edit Mode.
I've tried using an invisible boundary frame - sort of works but i still want a corner mullion there (and i probably still want a boundary frame visible in the scheme)

Similarly, how does one connect/intersect 2 separate curtain walls in the plan or model and have them clean up properly? Practically, Say I had a curtain wall scheme A on one side of the building, and a different scheme B - both joining at a corner. Is there a function where curtain walls clean up to each other in a way like walls do?

Thanks in advance. I hope its an easy answer (like it usually is when learning a new tool )

-mb
2 REPLIES 2
if you use a closed polygon for your curtain wall, do not start/end it in a corner, but rather somewhere along the length of one side. That way, all corners will clean in the same manner.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, good idea.
It works... sort of. Couple problems.
1. Extra node in the model, not 100% clean and could cause errors especially on a large project with multiple team members. It's a work around.
2. I have to make the boundary frame 1/2 the width of a typical mullion width, or else that boundary mullion on that node becomes double wide.
2a. This would mean my boundary frame elsewhere (eg. top and bottom of CW) are also 1/2 width size...
3. In 3d, you get an extra line vertically where the 2 halves of boundary mullion are coming together.

It's a decent work around, especially for the schematic design level, but i was hoping for some toggle in the Element Settings, or something else inherent in the tool.

Any other ideas?

thanks.
-Michael